Dominican Republic Air Force - Pilot

Click on the images to see a larger version and the back of the wing/badge
The Dominican Air Force as officially established in 1932 as the El Arma de Aviacion del Ejercito Nacional, part of the Dominican Army. The initial cadre were trained in Cuba. In 1942, the service was renamed as the Compania de Aviacion del Ejercito Nacional.

During WWII, the Dominican Republic received lend-lease supplies in exchange for base privileges for US forces. The DR declared war on Germany and Japan following the raid on Pearl Harbor. And while the DR services made no significant military impact during the war, 112 Dominican served in US forces. They also suffered losses of ships from U-boats.

Width:
Height:
Weight:
Hallmark:
Pin/Clutch:
Contributor:
Date Added:



NS Meyer Inc., New York
Pin
Tod Rathbone Collection
4/24/2020
All electronic scans remain the copyright of Bob Schwartz or the specific contributors and cannot be reproduced by either digital, electronic, electrostatic or lithographic or by any other means without expressed permission from the originator of the web site or its contributors.

Aviation Wings and Badges of the World Wars