Venezuela Air Force - Pilot

Click on the images to see a larger version and the back of the wing/badge
The air forces of Venezuela were established in the 1920s with the arrival of a French air mission arrived with instructors and Caudron G.3 and G.4 aircraft. In the 1930s the Grupo de Aviacion Venezuela was formed and flew a variety of French, British and US planes. In 1938, an Italian military mission arrived and inspired an operational reorganization that produced the Regimiento Militar de Aviacion 1, as part of the army. By 1940, the Italians were replaced by US lend-lease aircraft and in 1944 a US air mission and the force was renamed Servicio de Aeronautica. The air service became the independent Fuerza Aerea Venezuelana in 1947.

In 1939, Venezuela was the worlds leading oil exporter which benefitted the US tremendously. Venezuela was officially neutral during most of the war but its policies were pro-allies, as it broke off all relations with the axis on December 31, 1941. Venezuela declared war on the axis only in February 1945. Since it was neutral, defense of Venezuela shipping and oil were defended by the US whom were allowed access to ports and airfields.

Width:
Height:
Hallmark:
Pin/Clutch:
Contributor:
Date Added:



Clutch
Tod Rathbone Collection
05/11/2020
Width:
Height:
Hallmark:
Pin/Clutch:
Contributor:
Date Added:
Note:




Tod Rathbone Collection
05/11/2020
Dress bullion badge
All electronic scans remain the copyright of Bob Schwartz or the specific contributors and cannot be reproduced by either digital, electronic, electrostatic or lithographic or by any other means without expressed permission from the originator of the web site or its contributors.

Aviation Wings and Badges of the World Wars